Monday, January 7, 2013

Out With the Old, In With the New....

This is a week late, but Happy New Year! This year was filled with so many mixed emotions....some very happy, exciting memories were made with the 1st full year of Brandon being with us! And there were some sad, challenging times in 2012 as well. For myself now, and for myself and Brandon in the future, I want to just pin point some of the major events that happened in 2012.

  • New Year's Eve 2011- Brandon was Baptized in the Catholic Church! Such an exciting time for Mitch and I and our family.
  • January 2012- We kicked off the new year by visiting Denver to see Amy, Shawn and my Dad. I got the flu while there, so Amy had to play mom for a day while Mitch and my mom headed back home for work.
  • February 2012-This was a big month for Brandon. He experienced his first plane ride to Florida where he went swimming for his first time, which had mixed reviews :) Brandon even had his first taste of carrots after we got back from our trip and was not a fan. This was also the month that he was first introduced to Elmo-life has never been the same. Last but not least, it marked the first time that he ever slept in his crib! He was always in our room in his pack 'n play. I was a nervous reck that whole night. The joys of motherhood.
  • March 2012-Brandon rolled over for the very first time! It was such a huge milestone for Mitch and I. We really felt like our baby was growing up after this point. And this was the month that Brandon had rice cereal for the very first time....it's kind of nice not having to worry about that stuff anymore!
  • April 2012-Brandon celebrated his first Easter and his first high school Prom! He turned 6 months old and started sleeping on his stomach (which he still does to this day). My good friend Kriste and I went to a tye-dye party and made Brandon and Archer (who was still in his mommy's belly) many different tye-dye outfits :)
  • May 2012-I celebrated my first Mother's Day as a mom. It was such a great day and will never forget it. Elise graduated from STM. Aunite Amy and Uncle Shawn came from Denver and Unlce Kyle and Aunt Madison were here from AZ to celebrate graduations!
  • June 2012-This was another busy month for us! Mitch celebrated his first birthday AND Father's Day as a Dad. We went golfing (I attempted it) for his birthday and we had a giant cake that Brandon "helped" me decorate :) Mitch and I also celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary too! Brandon went on his first hike up Buzzard's Roost in June and had his first park play date with Ellie Waider, where he put his arm around her like a nice little gentleman :) Brandon's newst friends, Archer and Emsley were born!!! AND we got our house re-sided. Whew!
  • July 2012-This was when our year took a sad turn. My grandpa was in and out of the hospital twice and ended up in Hospice at the end of the month. Brandon went to Canyon Lake for his first picnic and watched the geese roam around. We celebrated Emsley coming into the world with a nice little baby shower :)
  • August 2012-Brandon climbed the stairs for the first time and hasn't looked back! I celebrated my first birthday as a mom, but spent it with my grandpa in his final days. My grandpa passed away on the 13th and we said goodbye to him on the 16th-the hardest day of my life. I am so happy he was able to get to know Brandon. After he passed, Mitch and I decidced we needed to get away for the day and took Brandon up to Keystone and Mt. Rushmore.
  • September 2012-Brandon took his first swimming lessons at the Swim Center. His friends Ellie, Finn and Dalton all joined too! He also enjoyed his first Drive Inn movie, spent time with Grandpa Alan, and went to the pumpkin festival at Main Street Square with Archer!
  • October 2012-Brandon celebrated his 1st birthday!!!! I cried and couldn't believe how fast that first year went. We had a big party at our house and went to dinner with our family at Alpine Inn. Brandon went to his first pumpkin patch with Archer and went to the Spearfish Canyon with Mitch and I to look at all of the beautiful leaves. Brandon and I went Trick or Treating (Daddy was sick) and he dressed up as Spider Man!
  • November 2012-Brandon played in the snow for the first time! He also celebrated his 2nd Thanksgiving and was able to participate in all of the eating! Then he got a big boy haircut from his Aunt Lisa AND helped put up all of the Christmas decorations :)
  • December 2012-We went to Storybook Island to look at the Christmas lights (a first time for all 3 of us!) and took a Christmas trip to Denver to see Amy, Shawn and my Dad. Brandon also celebrated his 2nd Christmas! The day after Christmas, Brandon went on his 2nd airplane trip to AZ to see his Uncle Kyle and Aunt Madison and his future cousin! He also rang in his 2nd New Years sound asleep:)
What a memorable 2012 for our family. Can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for us all! Hope the next 365 days are filled with love, happiness and good times :)

No comments:

Post a Comment