Brandon has hundreds of dollars worth of toys, books, cars and stuffed animals. Do you think he pays a bit of attention to any of them? No.
Instead, he would rather play with the BBQ grill utensils, dig in the cupboards and pull out all of the pots, pans and their lids, empty out a vinegar bottle all over the kitchen floor, pull out any and all dish towels and empty out the panty (at least the bottom two shelves).
Several times a day, I take him down to his playroom to show him all of the toys that are just sitting there waiting for him to play. He'll fondle a few toys, push a few buttons on Elmo and flip through a few books but 15 minutes later, I hear rumaging in the kitchen again.
He also likes to rearrange his surroundings. For example, on Wednesday I opened the cupboard to pull out a cookie sheet and found 2 bibs, a washcloth, 2 plastic cups and a box of baking powder. At my mom's house a few weeks ago, I pulled open a drawer to look for some paper and a pen and found a bottle of Vanilla extract and some tooth picks. At Mitch's parents' house the other day, he put his pajama's in a filing drawer. There's always a surprise :)
With all of the time he likes to spend in the kitchen, maybe he'll be on the Food Network in 25 years?? Haha....one can only hope :)


No comments:
Post a Comment