Sunday, August 18, 2013

A New Decade

I remember when I was little and thinking anyone who was in their 30s was OLD. I honestly remember thinking that when I was in high school. 30 seemed like eons away. Well it finally happened. Momma turned 30. When I turned 25, I remember thinking I had 5 years until the big day and I was going to do it with a BANG. Vegas, a big party, tons of friends and fun. Well 5 fast forward to 5 years and I have a 21 month old, zero tolerance for alcohol (1/2 a drink and I'll tell you any secrets I have) and a personal bedtime of 10 pm. Not only that but my closest friends and family have 1 year olds, a brand new baby or babies on the way. Vegas just seemed to be a major bust.

So instead I did what any non-partying 30 year old would do....I had a good old fashioned painting party! Amy was in town for her baby shower so I decided to invite a few friends and my fun-loving mom and we went to Canvas 2 Paint downtown. It was the BEST time ever! Who knew??

They do one painting per day and you choose which day you'd like. I chose the Sunset Birch picture so we went last Friday night. Of course they had wine, sangrias and beer.....it just made us more artistic :)

Britny, who was in charge of our class, was AAAAMAZING! She had me come up front to read the rules and gave me a birthday crown made from a plastic cup :) 


Artistic sister....I tried copying her on her details and it didn't turn out so hot.

My mom was so nervous going into this but she loved it!


So much fun!
It looked OK....but after my 2nd sangria, things got a little sketchy.

And I cannot make a perfectly round circle.


Best. Party. Ever.

Classy pregnant sister at the Rail :)

 
Baby Love.
 On my actual birthday, I went to church and breakfast with my fam, got manicures and pedicures with my sister, did a little shopping, had a nice little BBQ at my house and ended the day with ice cream at Armadillos :) A fun, low key day.




Ice Creeeeeeam!

My birthday gift :) B is for Brandon!


5 years ago, had you told  me I was going to do this for my 30th birthday, it probably would have not been ideal. But I am so happy I did this. Who needs Vegas??!


2 comments:

  1. Isnt it amazing what a difference a few years make! The thought of staying up past 10 completely exhausts me. A perfect evening now is completely different... Family, food and cuddles works for me. Happy 30th! Ill be there in just a few short months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's crazy....I NEVER thought I'd be excited about a new vacuum cleaner or new rocks in our front yard. Good times :)

    ReplyDelete