Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Getting Down to the Wire!

Hey everybody!!



I can't believe I'm already 35 weeks along! This pregnancy has flown by so incredibly fast but it has been such an amazing experience. I haven't taken any recent belly pictures for a few reasons:



A. I haven't been feeling tip top 100% the past few weeks so getting off the couch or out of my bed is about the equivelant of running a marathon. My feet, ankles and hands are swelling so bad they hurt. And this has risen me to "sweet to live with" status :)



B. I feel like I am the size of my garage. Therefore taking any pictures of me isn't on the top of my list.



So instead of burning your retinas with the elephant pictures of me, I will give you some updates! I went to see my Dr last month during a routine check up and she immediately started laughing when she measured me. I looked at her and was like "Now what??" She tells me that I have a BIG baby in my belly and that he is measuring 3 weeks ahead of schedule. So she wants to give me an ulstrasound just to see what is going on.



I go to my ultrasound on Sept 19th and the tech tells me that based on his measurements, he is a little over 6 lbs already! Im not supposed to have this baby for another month and a half. Great. She also tells us that he has quite a bit of hair (if the heartburn tale is true then I knew that already. Ive been living off of Tums for 6 months now) and he is facing head down. I was glad to hear that! He has the cutest, chubbiest cheeks (just like his Auntie Amy did) and I think he has Mitch's nose :) He is the sweetest little baby and just melts my heart :)



I went back to see my Dr the next day and she tells me that she isn't going to change my due date because that is what I measured from the very beginning but will keep a close watch on us to see how big he is getting. If I go to full term he could be about 10 lbs. Amy and I were both big babies, 9 lbs and 10 lbs. Mitch wasn't even 8 lbs. So I can't even blame Mitch for this one - it comes from Mommy's side :)



My next appt is next week Oct 4th and I will begin to go see her once a week until I have him. So that makes me feel a little better :) I personally think I will have him before Halloween but only time will tell!



His room is just getting the finishing touches on it and I willl post pictures of that soon! Until then I will continue to grow a very large little boy in my belly and will update you all on more news as it comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment