Tuesday, October 23, 2012

12 Whole Months! 10.18.12

The day I've been dreading and anticipating for an entire year has come. Brandon turned 1! Of course, I took hundreds of pictures so I'll have to make a few different posts to I can get as many photos as I can on here to share with everyone.

On the day of Brandon's birthday, I was actually awake before he was. I got in the shower and ready for the day when I finally started to hear him talking to himself. I opened up his bedroom door and sang Happy Birthday to him. I cried through most of the song but he loved it :)

Happy Birthday! The flash was a little too bright for him :)


 

 For breakfast I made him chocolate chip banana pancakes in the shape of a B (that's what it was supposed to be in the shape of but making a B in pancake mix was easier said than done...). He loved his birthday pancakes!





Later in the day we went and ate lunch with daddy and Uncle Blaine and waited for Aunt Amy and Uncle Shawn to get into town. For Brandon's first birthday dinner, we had a delicious dinner at Alpine Inn in Hill City.

Now I don't know if this is just me but the ENTIRE night I was playing over in my head what was happening exactly 1 year ago. Although I was completely unconscious 97% of the time, it was such an incredible day that I couldn't help but think of every minute of what I remembered...

Anyway, dinner was amazing as usual. B ate his dinner with Aunt Amy. He so nicely shared her potato and toast (or he ate it all himself, whatever you want to believe) and ordered a nice big piece of birthday peanut butter chocolate ice cream pie :)

Watching Elmo (of course) waiting to go to lunch with daddy.


Birthday swag.

Haha! Loving the lettuce wedge with ranch.



His favorite thing to do with daddy. Mitch holds his legs and Brandon just stiffens up. The kid has mad abdominal muscles.


He laughs histarically when Mitch does this with him. Everyone in the restaurant thought it was cute :)

 
The day after his birthday was a sad day. Shots. Lots of them AND a blood draw. I was sick about it all morning long, so I drug Amy with us. When the girl came into the room to take his blood, I was sure this was going to be a fight. But Brandon took it like a champ and just sat there staring at her like "Why aren't you letting me move my arm??" However, with shots, we weren't so lucky-all 3 of us were crying (weirdos!)...

After the dreadful shot experience, we went to have breakfast at Colonial House and of course, Brandon got a big cookie for being such a good boy. Yes, I've started bribing my child now.

I helped him eat this of course....




Yes, I'll say it again, I can't believe my son is 1. I only cried twice which is much better than I expected. Brandon has made our lives complete. That is really the only word that I can think to describe how I feel. We've come such a long way from a year ago when we brought this newborn baby boy home and I said to myself, "What do I do now??" and I cried all day long when Mitch first went back to work. He is my life and I can't imagine 1 second without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment