Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Normalcy

Getting back to normal life after this storm feels so good. I've learned that electricity, heat, the luxury of a hot meal, hot coffee, TV, hot water and being able to run the dishwasher or do laundry should never be taken for granted! It all made me realize how lucky I am.

Going outside for the first time on Sunday was crazy. Everything was covered in feet of snow but it was 60 degrees outside, which made it easy to shovel. I've heard people say that Sunday looked like a zombie apocalypse....and I have to say I agree. There were trees split in half, branches laying everywhere, it was eerily quiet because nobody could drive anywhere and people were just walking along the streets checking out damage, looking at all the snow and of course getting out of the house. It was nothing I've ever seen before. And it was good to see people coming together to help neighbors shovel, snow blow, clean up debris, and use bobcats or plows to try to clean up the streets.

Mitch's dad walked over and helped shovel (Brandon helped too) and I took that as an opportunity to CLEAN. Two loads of dishes in the dishwasher, 6 loads of laundry, vacuuming and of course decorate for Halloween (duh)....I've never been so excited to clean in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment