Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving Round 2!

Thanksgiving this year was a little more exciting this time around. Don't get me wrong, last year was very special with it being Brandon's first Thanksgiving (I'm happy that Great Grandpa Schnaser was able to see that) but this year Brandon actually got to ENJOY what Thanksgiving as to offer :) He ate and ate and ate some more. Turkey, mashed potatoes and gravey, green bean casserole, stuffing, sweet potatoes, corn, beets, brown 'n serve rolls, pasta salad and lots of PIE!  I'm totally bummed that I didn't get any pictures of him actually eating his Thanksgiving dinners. Major fail. (Mom, where were you on that one?!) Kidding :)

First, we started our Thanksgiving at my grandma's house with my side of the family. We made our meal a lunch and had so much delicious food! We had an abundance of wine so we had a happy afternoon :) We started our meal off with some mulled spiced wine (best thing ever) and had ourselves a nice after dinner bottle of wine too! Thank you Prairie Berry.



After we ate, we played card games while Mitch and Brandon took a little snooze watching football. This I did get a picture of!



Around 4:00 we left my grandma's house and went to the Linster Thanksgiving. Mitch's Aunt and Uncle and Brandon's Godparents Lisa and Pete came from Minnesota and his other Aunt and Uncle Terry and Rodney came from Seattle. I was hungry again (to no surprise to anybody) for my Thanksgiving #2 and we had another declicios feast!

After we ate, Brandon got his birthday present from Pete and Lisa. Mitch, with a little help from Lisa, Blaine and Brandon, put it together and it kept B happy and busy for most of the night:

Big helper
 
Hoarding the tires!
 

Here, let me help you with that.


We put the bear in first because he was a little unsure of the whole idea.

Warming up to the idea :)

Need a little milk break. No drinking and driving!
Yes, my child is pantless due to blowout #2 of the day. Fun.

I love Thanksgiving because it gives everyone a  moment to look around and see what really matters in life. I'm thankful for this healthy, happy little man, his daddy, my entire family (on every side I have!), a roof over our heads, good health and all of the frilly extras that we don't need but have. I'm thankful for everyone of you and couldn't ask for better people in my life!






No comments:

Post a Comment