Wednesday, June 20, 2012

June 20th

This is a special day in our family. It is the day that Mitch and I were married in 2008. A day that I have dreamed about for YEARS. Anyone who knows me well knows that I have called Mitch my FH (future husband) since I was in high school. I've been in love with him since 9th grade when I first saw him at a church carnival in the basement of the Cathedral. From that point on I used to dress EXTRA cute when we would go to church in case he was there :) But I didn't speak one word to him until my 3rd year of college. I was too scared! To make a VERY long story short, we started dating in 2005 and haven't looked back! Our story has been a joke amongst our family with how rediculous it is and it will be told for generations :) Haha!




The other reason why this date is so special to us is because on June 20, 2011 we got to hear the words "That's a boy!" I was a total spaz when it came time for us to find out if we were having a boy or a girl. I couldn't wait another minute! When we went into the room for the ultrasound my heart was pounding a thousand beats a second. I was so excited yet so nervous! When the tech put the wand on my belly this was literally the first thing we saw:



I knew instantly. She said "Can you tell what you're having?" I said "That's totally a boy!" I immediately started crying because I was so excited and so happy!! Then the second thought that went through my head and stayed there the rest of the time was "There's going to be alot of baseball in our future...."

After that appointemnt I was on cloud 9. I had never been happier in my whole entire life! I knew once I saw this face, that my whole life had a different meaning and I didn't think I could love anything so much.



So between these 2 amazing events in my life, June 20 is by far my favorite day of the year :) Except for Christmas of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment